Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thursday, February 15th


  • I'll ask for signed permission slips to assess whether or not we'll be able to view the films. 
  • We'll finish reading, discussing, and annotating Thoreau's "Where I Lived, and What I Lived For." 
  • Notes -- I'll introduce the following, and you'll take notes:
    • Argumentation: how to defend, challenge, and qualify
    • Types of Evidence: world of ideas, textual, experiential, anecdotal 
  • Then I'll introduce your next writing assignment for this class, and you'll have WORK TIME to begin: 
    • In two pages (MLA formatted), identify a one-sentence argument that Thoreau makes in this chapter. Quote it then explain it thoroughly in your own words. Then, using a balanced body of evidence, defend, challenge, or qualify it. Your rough draft is due on Thursday, February 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment